Validation & Verification
Our Validation and Verification services are carried out as follows:
- The Client completes a pre-engagement form and enters into a contractual agreement with SustainCERT.
- SustainCERT selects the best Team to carry out the assignment and communicates this to the Client.
- The assignment is planned by SustainCERT according to the profile of each project and the timeline is shared with the Client.
- SustainCERT carries out the assignment according to the Audit Plan and prepares an initial report. This report is reviewed by an independent team member before a final statement is issued.
- SustainCERT establishes rules governing how references can be made to its Validation and Verification statements.
These are summarized as follows:
Whenever a simplified, short description of a statement is used by a client, the client must also ensure that the long form used in sustainCERT’s final report is also referenced or included for a complete understanding.
Two examples are provided below to illustrate the difference between Validation/Verification and reasonable/limited level of assurance.
Verified at the reasonable level of assurance (historical data only)
Validated at the limited level of assurance (forecast/projected data only)
in its opinion dated 20XX-XX-XX, sustainCERT concluded with reasonable level of assurance that the data in our statement was materially correct and a fair representation of GHG other reporting information
in its opinion dated 20XX-XX-XX, sustainCERT found no evidence to indicate that the data in our statement is not a materially correct and fair representation of likely GHG information and other reporting information